Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Maritime Museum of BC.
Volunteers are keen and motivated to be involved with the MMBC at many levels. Master mariners, marine experts, historians, authors, educators, librarians, scientists, administrators, economists, accountants, students, all donate their talents and expertise.
Volunteers engage in various aspects of the Museum, including visitor services, collections, research, library, and archives, playing a vital role in helping us to interpret and preserve our maritime history and culture for the whole community.
Training is provided for volunteer positions.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering with us.
Classic Boat Festival, September 1 – 3, 2017.
The Classic Boat Festival showcases some of the most beautifully restored and well-maintained vessels in the Pacific Northwest, which are docked in Victoria’s famous causeway over Labour Day Weekend. The Festival invites visitors to view these classic boats and attend the many events and activities taking place all weekend long, including speaker presentations, boat races, music and art displays, parades, food and drink venues, and family-friendly activities. On average, the event brings 10,000 visitors over the weekend.
Opportunities to volunteer include:
Dock Security and First Aid
Beverage and food assistance
If interested, please submit a Volunteer Registration form here. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you on the docks!
We have positions open for volunteers to help with our ongoing weekly schedule throughout the year.
- Both weekday and weekend positions are available
- Museum knowledge and /or an interest in maritime history an asset, but not essential
- Outgoing visitor service skills an asset – ability to meet and greet visitors, give a general interpretation about the museum and answer questions about programs and events
- Good telephone manner – answer telephone and direct calls
- Operate a cash register and point of sale experience
- Training is provided
Volunteer openings to facilitate maritime related craft workshops, twice per month on Saturdays, for kids and adults , 1.5 for class, 2 hours for volunteer.
- A Volunteer is requested to help set up and keep up knot tying interactive display
- Nautical Knot Tying Workshop – mariners knots, knots for kids, seasonal wreath workshops
- Sea Glass Jewelry Workshop
- Shell and Driftwood Mobiles