The Maritime Museum has a vast collection of 35,000 artefacts that have unique significance to the history of BC. It spans from 1775 to the present, predominantly from 1900 to 1985, and includes,
- Over 500 pieces of art
- Model ships of historic Naval vessels, Coast Guard vessels, as well as vessels from local companies such as the CP Steamship Co.
- Natural history pieces, such as a narwhal tusk
- A large uniform collection
- Items from local companies such as the CP Steamship Co. and BC Ferries
- Historic navigation tools
- Artefacts from local shipyards
- Lights from various vessels
- Flags and ship badges
- And so much more!
The Museum also currently has a fleet of three vessels: Tilikum, Trekka and Dorothy. Read about them here!