- This event has passed.
Maritime Masterclasses: Flags and Signals for the Sensible Sailor (Jamie Webb)
November 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$29.99
Our Maritime Masterclasses are practical, skills-based classes, meant for those wanting to refresh their knowledge or learn something new.
Due to the interactive and hands on nature of this class, there is no virtual option.
Cost: $29.99 + GST
MEMBERS SEE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR 20% DISCOUNT CODE, OR E-MAIL PROGRAMS@MMBC.BC.CA.
Burgees, bunting, signals, and precedence, Oh MY! In this fun, interactive, and informative session, learn about the basic principles of saluting protocol, impactful flag design, and flag construction. Then, design your own house flag or burgee.
Instructor Jamie Webb is a lifelong vexillologist (someone who studies flags and flag design) and third generation Victorian whose grandfather sailed in the famed clipper Thermopylae in the 1890’s. In 1988 Jamie completed a four-year apprenticeship in Rigging and Sailmaking. For the last 20 years he has worked for the Royal Canadian Navy and is currently their Senior Protocol Officer. Jamie has been a naval reserve officer and instructor with the Sea Cadet programme since 1983.
- We prefer online registrations; if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Members receive 20% off (see members newsletter for discount code)
- Individuals under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+)
- All individuals, including adults chaperoning their children under 12, are required to register as workshop participants
- Includes the cost of admission and self-guided activities
Commitment to Access:
- Designated aides are always admitted for free. Please let us know how we can best support you in the registration booking notes.
- We partner with service-based organizations and schools to provide free access to our museum for underserved or marginalized communities. Please use our bursary form to let us know more about your needs.
- If you are not part of a group and cost is prohibitive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.