Classic Boat Festival:
Information for Boaters
Welcome Captains & Skippers!
Registration for the 2019 Victoria Classic Boat Festival NOW OPEN!
Click the Registration button to register and submit payment for the 2019 Victoria Classic Boat Festival which will be held on August 30th to September 1st. Space is limited so register now to ensure a spot!
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
MOORAGE OPEN: Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 12:00 PM
UPON APPROACH: Please contact Nick Banks (Dock Manager) on VHF radio 68
REGISTRATION OPEN: Friday, August 30, 2019 at 8:00 AM (Located at Dock Gates)
MOORAGE CLOSE: Monday, September 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM
Festival Harbour Control
Nick Banks (Dock Manager) – VHF Channel 68
Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
VHF Channel 68
Maritime Museum of BC
Security will patrol the docks throughout the festival. They are in radio contact with their base for quick response in any emergency. They wear yellow t-shirts with “Victoria Classic Boat Festival” emblazoned on the front. In the event of an emergency, notify Security immediately or call 9-1-1.
Registration & Information Headquarters
Located at the Gate Entrance to the docks in front of the Empress Hotel.
Racing Committee Vessel
Festival Hours for the Visiting Public
DOCKS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: Friday, August 30 (8 AM – 8 PM), Saturday, August 31 (8 AM – 8 PM), and Sunday, September 1 (8 AM – 6 PM)
FESTIVAL BEGINS: Friday, August 30, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Please note: Security personnel will be onsite from 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM daily.
Annual Awards Banquet (Sunday, September 1)
Tickets will be available with Registration – seating is limited, so be sure to reserve your seats!
Sail-past and Races (Sunday, September 1)
- Victoria’s Inner Harbour is a working harbour. The arrival and departure of ferry MV COHO frequently coincides with the beginning of this event. Until the MV COHO has departed, NO VESSEL SHOULD LEAVE ITS BERTH. The only exception to this is the Salute Vessel. The lead vessel will be designated at the Skippers’ meeting.
- The order of departure will be power first followed by sail.
- All vessels are asked to take the salute of Honorary Commodore who will be aboard the Salute Vessel.
- Please follow in line under power on the Sail past course.
- PLEASE GIVE OGDEN POINT BREAKWATER A WIDE BERTH to enable returning vessels to clear. The distance traveled past the Breakwater will be determined by the weather.
- We ask that you maintain an open channel 68 on all radios.
Further details will be provided at the Skippers’ Meeting.