Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Maritime Museum of BC.
Volunteers are keen and motivated to be involved with the MMBC at many levels. Master mariners, marine experts, historians, authors, educators, librarians, scientists, administrators, economists, accountants, students, all donate their talents and expertise.
Volunteers engage in various aspects of the Museum, including visitor services, collections, research, library, and archives, playing a vital role in helping us to interpret and preserve our maritime history and culture for the whole community.
Training is provided for volunteer positions.
Please email Volunteer & Visitor Centre Coordinator Sarah Board email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering with us, or fill out the form below.
Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Maritime Museum of BC! The first step to becoming a volunteer is to complete an application form. Click “Volunteer Form” below to complete and submit this form online. If you prefer to complete a physical form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer openings to process admissions and gift shop sales.
• Museum knowledge and /or an interest in maritime history an asset, but not essential
• Outgoing visitor service skills an asset – ability to meet and greet visitors, give a general interpretation about the museum and answer questions about programs and events
• Good telephone manner – answer telephone and direct calls
• Operate a cash register and point of sale experience
• Training is provided
On-call volunteers needed. Weekly or Bi-Weekly morning (9:45 AM – 1:30 PM) or afternoon (1:15 PM – 5:00 PM) shifts are available.
See our many signature events and public programs from a unique perspective as an Events volunteer! Variety of roles available, including:
- Volunteer Bartender: this position involves serving drinks. Serving It Right! Certificate required.
- Sales Volunteer (Front Desk, or Tickets): this position involves processing admission and gift shop sales, and selling tickets.
- Programs Volunteer: this position involves facilitating small craft stations or programming.
- Setup Volunteer: this position involves moving and setting up tables and chairs, and preparing venues.